Mark your calendars for an exciting outdoor block party event celebrating the end of our online auction in the plumb’s laneway on Saturday August 27th, 2022! Tickets are required for entry, and can be purchased in advance online or at the gate.
Saturday August 27, 2022
2 pm – 9:30pm
1655 Dufferin St, Toronto (Outside in the laneway between Dufferin St and Westmount Ave)
Please note: Entrance to the event will be on the Westmount Ave side, beside Wallace Espresso.
Tickets are required for entry. Admission is tiered:
Rate 1: $10 (includes 5 raffle tix)
Rate 2: $25 (includes 15 raffle tix)
Rate 3: $40 (includes 25 raffle tix)
Or By-Donation / Free-No Barrier
Join Peripheral Review as we celebrate the final day of our 2022 online auction with a stacked lineup of performances and events including:
(3:00 – 5:00pm) plumb Open Studios with artists Bhavika Sharma and Luer Wieland
Musical performances by:
(4:30pm) The Databats
Pay-what-you-can Tarot readings by Julian Yi-Zhong Hou with all proceeds going to Peripheral Review
Raffle Draws: Featuring 3 amazing raffle bundles which will be drawn at 5:30pm & 8:30pm
(Please note that winners must be present to pick up their prizes during the time of the draw)
Raffle Prizes include:
– $300.00 gift certificate for art documentation services in Toronto by LF Documentation
– Two free vouchers for workshops hosted by InterAccess
– One vase arrangement of seasonal and local flowers by Bloem
– Ceramics by Kendra Yee
– Two OUMI mugs by Ndeko Studio. Courtesy of Emily Gove and Rose Ceremony Shop
– Wine selected by Giuseppe Anile of Midfield Wine Bar
– An individual tarot reading by Julian Yi-Zhong Hou
– A bundle of 6 titles published by Gordon Hill Press in Guelph, ON
– A bundle of 4 recent titles published and co-published by Art Metropole
– A bundle of 3 titles published by Gravitron Press in Treaty Four, Regina
– 1-year print subscription, tote bag and a set of 50th anniversary greeting cards from The Capilano Review
A selection of Peripheral Review publications and merchandise will also be available for purchase.
Food prepared by @some__pizza starting from 3pm
Gluten free and vegan options will be available
Light refreshments will be available all afternoon, cash bar. Credit cards preferred.
the plumb is physically located at 1655 Dufferin Street, at the southeast corner of Dufferin Street and St. Clair Avenue West. Our front door is just down the alley between Chakra Circle and D’Orio and Associates Eye Care, on the south side of the alleyway.
the plumb is housed in a basement with gallery access only available via a landing and a 10-step staircase (with a handrail). We regret that this poses difficulties for those with physical disabilities. The Block Party event will mainly be taking place outside in the laneway, but the raffle draws, open studios, tarot readings and bar will all be happening inside the gallery space.
If you have any accessibility requests or questions to attend this event, please email us in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org or let us know in the note section when you purchase a ticket on Eventbrite.
Further questions? Send us an email at email@example.com
Hope to see you there! 🙂