The Sunday Summer Reading Series are a month-long series of critical discussions on readings chosen and hosted by various artists, curators and organizers in a public park, organized by Editor Lauren Lavery.
Belinda Kwan (August 2, 2020)
- filling the Klein bottle, an exhibition curated by Kwan which showed at the Varley Art Gallery (Markham), InterAccess (Toronto) and Bunker 2 CAC (Toronto) in 2020. The discussion was hosted online on Zoom.
Dallas Fellini (August 9, 2020)
- Excerpts by Andreas Angelidakis, Kimberly R. Drew, Juliana Huxtable, and Esben Esther Pirelli Benestad, from Façadomy Issue 01: Gender Talents, Edited by Riley Hooker. (*cw: contains transphobic and homophobic slurs*); Trans* – Gender Transitivity and New Configurations of Body, History, Memory and Kinship, by Jack Halberstam (*cw: contains transphobic slurs*; Excerpt from Same Sex Unions in Premodern Europe, by John Boswell. The discussion was hosted in Dufferin Grove Park.
Noor Bhangu (August 16, 2020)
- The Going Insurrection by Sarah Rifky. The discussion was hosted online on Zoom.
Brit Bachmann (August 23, 2020)
- Selections from the archives of Issue Magazine including: “Some are Weather-Wise; Some Otherwise: Criticism in Vancouver” by William Wood; Selected “Spicy Samplings” chosen by Brit Bachmann; A Glossary of terms organized by Brit Bachmann. The discussion was hosted online on Zoom.
Cadence Planthara (August 30, 2020)
- Powr Mastrs Vol. 2 by C.F.; Whereas by Layli Long Soldier; Schizophrene by Bhanu Kapil; My Conversations With Canadians by Lee Maracle. The discussion was hosted in Earlscourt Park.